Why are these great books free?
Well, the short answer to why we have readily available access to these free self improvement books (as well as books from many other genres) is because their copyrights have expired. Classic books like Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill are just as useful today, but they are old so we can get them for free! Hooray!
This page is dedicated to resources to support personal growth and development... FREE!
Free self improvement books
- Free eBooks by Project Gutenberg
- archive.org - Very nice spam-free format and an easy-to-read and very clean format. There are some great free personal development books here!
- books.google.com - It's Google.
- The Online Books Page onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu - Listing over 40,000 free books on the Web
- Wikibooks wikibooks.org - The open-content textbooks collection that anyone can edit, with over 2,400 books
Free self improvement audio books
- LibriVox librivox.org - LibriVox provides free audiobooks from the public domain. There are several options for listening.
Some direct links to classic free self improvement books
The following are some direct links to various free self improvement books that most anyone interested in self improvement/personal development have heard of or have already read. I definitely recommend these myself, and, hey, for free you can't go wrong, right?
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
The Law of Success in Sixteen Lessons (1928) by Napoleon Hill
You Can Contribute!
I'm an avid student of life and reader as well. This list of free ebook sites is simply what I've found in my own journey. If you know of another great free resource (free audiobooks, ebooks or free videos) that you would like to share with readers of this blog then I encourage you to email me! I will happily take your consideration and update this free book list for the benefit of others!